July - what a month it has been! Winter finally decided to kick in, I've started a website, I had bright pink hair (chalk) for a night, I have a new house mate coming in a an hour or so... Anyway, a few highlights below.
1. My new bed was a very lucky find on gumtree - $330 for the frame and mattress. It was three months old but in great condition. I had the mattress steam cleaned before I slept in it just for hygiene reasons. My bedside table is a kitchen trolley from IKEA. It was my beauty trolley before but after some rearranging, it now holds all my bedside essentials and make up. Cushions are from IKEA too but are from the recent limited edition collection.
2. This months beauty bits I've been loving are now my winter essentials. My face has been exceptionally dry and quite spotty this winter so my skincare/makeup needed an update. I've been using the Aesop cleansing masque once a week for a deep cleanse and oomph of hydration. On a daily basis, I use The Body Shop's sorbet in the mornings under makeup and (if I'm heading out) the Mecca tinted moisturiser over the top. Hydration, SPF and a decent coverage - can't go wrong!
3. I'm not a huge wearer of jewellery unless they are dainty pieces or have some sort of cool geometric shape. I bought this on ASOS as a 'filler item' so I could qualify for free shipping. Contrary to the image, I actually have quite skinny fingers so I wasn't sure if these ring would fit. One of them fits better than the other, but I love them just the same.
ASOS Geo Ring Pack
4. I have to admit that this was not an original idea, but rather was inspired by an image I saw on Instagram awhile ago. This is the perfect necklace/headband storage and display. I bought Cookie Monster as a souvenir when I visited Universal Studios Singapore in Jan 2014. The other bits are gifts, DIY from friends or purchased from the shops.
5. I have an obsession with glass jars!!! Admittedly, I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to glass jars. I threw out so many of them when I moved about a year ago and now I have a new collection. Oops. The deer jar filled with potpourri was a leftover decoration from Naomi + Alan's wedding. I also spray painted (metallic gold) some leftover baby's breath from the wedding and they are one of my favourite things in the house.
Yes, I love IKEA and glass jars. I just can't help myself. Bring on August! x